You will need:
A tank top
About 1/2 yard of fabric (cut into a 2 inch strip) or 1 inch ribbon
A sewing machine
Scissors & Pins
Embellishments, if desired
1. If using fabric, cut it into 2 inch strips and press in half, lengthwise. If using ribbon, skip to step 2.
2. Fold under the end of the fabric/ribbon and pin it to the seam of one shoulder on the tank. Repeat along the neckline of the tank until you reach the other shoulders seam.
3. Top stitch down the center of your ruffle, carefully guiding the fabric under the presser foot of the sewing machine. Remember to remove your pins as you go. It is best to go slow, drop your sewing needle when you lift your presser foot to move your garment to stitch along the collar line. Always remember to back stitch a few stitches at the beginning and end.
4. Follow this fabric flower tutorial to make flower embellishments. (For this design, I left the raw edge of the fabric on the outside of the fabric to give my flowers a shabby chic look) Trim away and loose threads on the raw edge of your flower once complete.
5. Hand sew your flowers onto your tank wherever you like.
Happy Independence Day! Hope you will share what you made on my Facebook page, don't forget to share the love, Pin & Like us!
Professional studio photo courtesy of Lundies Photography.
Copyright Protected: The content of this blog, including images are copyright protected. Do not re-post any content from this blog, without written consent by Little Once Boutique.
Were I link up:
Under The Table and Dreaming, I Heart Naptime, Flamingo Toes, Making the World Cuter, Sumo's Sweet Stuff, C.R.A.F.T., Coastal Charm, Not Just a Housewife, Sugar Bee Crafts, Todays Creative Blog, Domestically Speaking, Seven Thirty Three, Sew Much Ado, It Happens In a Blink, Kreative Korner By Kelly, Someday Crafts, Somewhat Simple, Naptime Crafters, Fingerprints On the Fridge, Tatertots and Jello, Be Different Act Normal, Positively Splendid, Six Sisters Stuff, Huckleberry Love,